The specific visa requirements for your country can be found on the UK Border Agency Visa Service web site. In particular, citizens of EU member states, and delegates from countries including USA, Canada, Australia, Argentina, Brazil and Japan (among others) do not require a visa to enter the UK for less than 6 months.
We can provide invitation letters for registered delegates for the purposes of visas. However, we can ONLY issue invitation letters when a delegate is duly registered to CIKM 2011, i.e. registration has been completed and the related registration fees have been fully paid and received by our accounts office.
To request a visa support letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an email header of 'CIKM 2011 Visa Support Letter Request':
- Registration confirmation number;
- Name as it appears on your passport;
- Date of Birth;
- Profession (student, academic, industry, etc);
- Residence and a ship-to address if different;
- An indication that you wish to attend CIKM 2011, even if you are only planning on attending a specific workshop. Note that support letters may not be issued for workshop only attendees;
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide id numbers, types (full, short, poster, demo, workshop name), full titles and co-authors for each paper.
Requests that do not comply with the above will not be processed.
Note that visa support letters are issued in batches, once a week. Please prepare your visa application well in advance of the conference dates.